If I had to list the seasons in order of enjoyment, winter would be at the very bottom. I think it’s likely due to the frigid temperatures, icy roads, and blowing snow. But in the spirit of being positive, I wanted to share a few of my favourite things about winter.
1. I love the first snowfall that coats everything in a thick layer of white. I love taking the first few steps through pristine snow and watching the snowflakes drift through the air as they sparkle and dance in the breeze.
2. I love all the hot beverages. Hot cocoa, hot apple cider, hot mulled wine, tea, and coffee are all delicious. They taste even better when its cold out and you’re inside.
3. I love Saturday and Sunday mornings during the winter. I usually sleep in until about 8 am, then get to spend a few moments snuggling under my comfy duvet, wrapped in my blankets. Then I leisurely make breakfast while wearing my cozy pajamas and slippers.
4. I love walking outside and feeling the frosty air nip at my skin as it leaves rosy tracks in its wake. I also enjoy tobogganing and skating as long as I’m bundled up and warm.
5. Winter is the perfect time for comfort foods. Hearty homemade soups, stews, chili, and mac & cheese are extra satisfying. I also love all the holiday-themed foods like gingerbread, peppermint bark, and egg nog (I found the most delicious dairy free version, its so addicting).
If I look at all the winter things I enjoy, this season really isn’t that bad 😉 What are some of your favourite things about winter?